Find below the most frequently asked questions and their answers. If you can not find the answer you are looking for please contact us.
- If I live in the Dr Challoner's High School catchment area, what are my chances of getting a place?
For Admission into Year 7 in September 2015 and 2016, all those living in catchment, who placed us as their 1st choice were offered a place. In addition some places were offered to those outside of catchment.
- How are the admission rules applied if I live in the catchment area?
Places are (with a few exceptions) allocated by distance from the school within the catchment area. For the specific criteria and exceptions please see our Admissions Policy
- How are the admission rules applied if I live outside the catchment area?
Once all girls within the catchment area have been allocated, any further places will be allocated to girls living outside the catchment area, according to the criteria outlined in our Admissions Policy. For the specific criteria and exceptions please see our Admissions Policy.
- How do I know if I live in the Dr Challoner's High School catchment area and how long do I need to be living there?
The Buckinghamshire County Council website contains a postcode checker and map of our catchment area. To be considered as living in catchment you need to be resident on 31st October in the year preceding admission.
- Does the Transfer Test score make a difference to my child’s priority?
The actual score for the Transfer Test is not a relevant factor providing the qualifying score of 121 has been reached.
- Does Dr Challoner's High School have a Supplementary Form as well as applying through my Local Authority?
- What if I live in another Local Authority area?
You have to apply through your home LA. As well as sending in a form to your own LA, you must register for a Transfer Test with Bucks. Please see the Buckinghamshire County Council website for further details.
- What if I have a query about admission to the school?
For 11+ admission queries, please contact Buckinghamshire County Council. For queries about entry into other groups please contact email@example.com.